Home Campus Directory | A-Z Index

Types of Admission

Continuing Education. Continuing Education provides adults across Pennsylvania with the opportunity to take credit, non-credit, professional development, and special interest courses.  Use this link to learn more about Continuing Education and certificate opportunities offered through Penn State Wilkes-Barre.

First-Year Degree Admission is for the applicant who has earned a high-school diploma or the equivalent, and has earned fewer than 18 semester credits from another college/university. SAT, SAT I, or ACT scores will be waived for adult applicants who have been out of high school five or more years or veterans who have served in the military four years with an honorable discharge. In addition we will review each applicant's high school coursework and/or GED individually as we consider him or her for admission.

Transfer Admission. An individual who has earned a high-school diploma or the equivalent, is a United States citizen or immigrant, and who has attempted at least 18 semester credits at other regionally accredited colleges or universities may seek transfer admission. An applicant who has not met entrance requirements or achieved a 2.00 grade-point average on a 4.00 scale for graded courses taken at institutions previously attended and who has been absent from the institution(s) for four calendar years may apply to enroll in credit courses as a provisional student.

Re-Enrollment and Academic Renewal. Have you attended Penn State previously? Use re-enrollment to resume degree study. Academic renewal provides re-enrolled students with the opportunity to resume their academic careers without being penalized by past academic records.