About the Program
The Penn State Wilkes-Barre Dual Enrollment Program offers high school juniors and seniors the opportunity to take college courses at a 50% tuition reduction. It is an opportunity for students to earn college credits while still in high school. Participants may choose from a variety of Penn State courses offered during the fall, spring, or summer semesters.
The Dual Enrollment program is designed to encourage a broader range of students to experience postsecondary education by allowing them to concurrently enroll in postsecondary courses and to receive both secondary and postsecondary credits. Dual Enrollment helps to introduce students to advantages of postsecondary education and enhances their preparation for a more successful transition into postsecondary institutions. Penn State Wilkes-Barre offers a 50% tuition reduction, for up to two courses per semester, to any student taking coursework as part of the Dual Enrollment program.The remaining tuiton, IT fee and required textbooks, etc., are the responsibility of the student.
- High school juniors and seniors are eligible for the program.
- A 50% tuition reduction will be offered, for up to two courses per semester.
- To remain in the program, students must earn a grade of "C" or better in each course.
- Credits earned are valid at any Penn State location and may be transferred to another institution in the same way as any other Penn State credits.
To apply for the Dual Enrollment Program submit the following forms:
- Undergraduate Non-Degree Enrollment Form
- Course Selection and Authorization Form
- Official High School transcript
For more details and to apply, contact your high school guidance counselor.
Completed application materials should be submitted to:
John Barnes, Admissions Officer
Penn State Wilkes-Barre
PO Box PSU
Lehman, PA 18627