Penn State Wilkes-Barre offers a wide variety of computer training addressing a broad range of needs, from the beginner to the experienced user. Hands-on training at individual computer workstations is conducted by experienced Penn State instructors. This training is available to individuals in a group session, as one-to-one instruction, or as workshops arranged for companies at their work sites.
In-demand topics include current versions of Windows, Office 2010-2013, and Photoshop, all of which are available at beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels.
Please call Continuing Education at 570-675-9253 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in enrolling or would like more information about these programs. Or contact us to discuss how one-to-one training could meet your needs.
Transitioning Into Office 2013
This hands-on workshop covers various basics to successfully navigate Office 2013, Microsoft’s newest version of its popular productivity applications suite (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint). Users making the transition from a previous version of Office are the focus of this workshop, but Office newcomers will also gain useful skills.
Skills to be covered include:
- Examine enhanced interface components.
- Identify tools in the Backstage view.
- Perform Ribbon customization and explore printing options.
- Explore new features in Word, Excel, Access,and PowerPoint.
- Discover essential online resources to expand your Office 2013 skills.
Automating Excel 2013 Tasks With Macros
This hands-on workshop covers various techniques to take your existing Excel 2010 or Excel 2013 skill set to a higher level.
Specific topics include:
- Learn how to automate tasks using the macro recorder and incorporate macros into your workflow.
- Explore the macro programming language (Visual Basic for Application [VBA]) through several examples.
- Learn how to create a VBA-based function, which can serve as a useful alternative to Excel’s built-in functions.
Penn State on Your Résumé — It Shows.
- Graduate Courses in Education
- One-to-One Computer Training
- Introduction to Psychology Certificate
- Rehabilitation & Human Services Certificate
- Financial Accounting Certificate
- Conversational Spanish
- Licensed Social Worker Programs
- Workforce Development Programs
- Industry Training
- Fall Film & Discussion Series
- Real Estate Prep Courses
- Civil Engineering Professional Engineer Exam Review
- SAT Preparation Courses
Request CE Information
- Continuing Education
- Programs for Adults