Penn State Wilkes-Barre offers a wide variety of development programs for youth. Students of all ages can enjoy an educational experience in a university setting. Programs are customized to offer each age group the appropriate mix of educational and fun activities. Our youth programs are high quality, interactive and taught by university-approved instructors. Take a look and pick a program that will meet your needs. To find out more information on any of our Youth Programs, call us at 570-675-9253 or email us at email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you on campus!
SAT Preparation Course
Penn State Wilkes-Barre, in cooperation with Cambridge Educational Services, Inc., offers high school students a seven-session, grade-free course to prepare students for the verbal and math portions of the SAT. The course is not designed as a cram course for the SAT, but rather provides information on the current format of the SAT and instructs students in test-taking techniques to help them realize their full potential on the test. Instructors are approved by Penn State to teach the SAT preparation course and are fully qualified to effectively assist students in improving their math and verbal skills, and test-taking strategies. This course is offered four times a year.
- Familiarity with the SAT Reasoning Test, test mechanics, concepts, and strategies.
- Critical reading – improve reading comprehension, understanding of single and double passages, and strategies for sentence completion.
- Writing – grammar and mechanics review, as well as effective essay writing.
- Math skills – familiarity with math grid and when to use a calculator; math shortcuts.
- Advantages and disadvantages of guessing.
- Ways to reduce the time needed to answer questions.
- Scoring of the SAT and how to compute a score on sample tests.
Our 2014-2015 SAT Preparation Course schedule will be available in early June 2014.
Women in the Sciences and Engineering (WISE)
- Graduate Courses in Education
- One-to-One Computer Training
- Spring Film and Discussion Series
- Northern Tier Undergraduate Courses
- 2014 Summer Youth Programs
- Computational Methods in Stormwater Management
- Three Days/Three Modes
- Continuing Education
- Programs for Adults