Women in the Sciences and Engineering (WISE)
Created at Penn State in 1994, The WISE Institute represents an innovative approach to cross-disciplinary interaction among engineers, humanists, scientists, and social scientists to promote the representation and diversity of women in the science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields.
The primary mission of the WISE Institute is to facilitate the entry and success of women in the STEM fields in an environment promoting gender equity by coordinating our efforts throughout Penn State; creating opportunities for women of diverse backgrounds to thrive in the STEM fields; mentoring individuals; and promoting institutional and cultural change.
Check back in spring 2016 for details on the next WISE program.For more information, please contact Continuing Education at 570-675-9253 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The WISE program at Penn State Wilkes-Barre is made possible by the generous contribution of Procter & Gamble through their Live, Learn and Thrive grant.
- Graduate Courses in Education
- One-to-One Computer Training
- Leadership for Engineers Certificate *Starting Spring 2016
- Introduction to Psychology Certificate *Starting Spring 2016
- Rehabilitation & Human Services Certificate *Starting Spring 2016
- Financial Accounting Certificate *Starting Spring 2016
- Basics of Supply Chain Management
- Supervision Essentials
- Real Estate Prep Courses
- Civil Engineering Professional Engineer Exam Review
- SAT Preparation Courses
- Ethical Issues in Mental Health
Request CE Information
- Continuing Education
- Programs for Adults