Programs for Educators
The Penn State Northern Tier Center, Towanda, offers a variety of graduate non-degree courses designed to meet the continuing education goals of teachers. Courses are selected on the basis of their relevance to professional development requirements established by area school districts. Penn State is an approved Act-48 provider. View the Act 48 reporting instructions.
Courses are scheduled evenings and week-ends at a variety of locations in the Bradford County region during the school year, and in condensed daytime formats during the summer months.
Courses are offered in the following areas:
- Educational Technology Integration
- Providing Services to Youth at Risk
- English as a Second Language for Teachers
- Curriculum and Instruction
To view our current offerings, select Graduate Courses in Education. For more information on graduate education courses at the Northern Tier Center contact us at (570) 268-7777 or email@example.com.
Teaching Writing and Literacy Certificate
This program is designed for K-12 teachers in all content areas including ESL, gifted and special education. Literacy coaches, paraprofessionals, Curriculum Coordinators and school Administrators will also find this program of tremendous value.
Every day technology is changing how we communicate. Thanks to social media, texting, emails, blogging, digital publishing, and the Internet, the role of the written word has become more important than ever. People will make decisions based on how we present ourselves in our writing. By adopting standards that require School Districts to incorporate writing at every level and in every subject, law makers and state officials have stressed just how important it is for our children to be able to write well. This program is designed for Teachers who want to incorporate more quality writing into their curriculum. The program contains twelve core credits plus a 3-credit elective concentration for a 15-credit certificate. These courses may “step up” as electives into PSU Harrisburg’s Master of Education in Teaching and Curriculum.
Master of Education in Teaching and Curriculum
Looking for a Masters Program without a lot of travel? Penn State Harrisburg’s 30-credit Master of Education in Teaching and Curriculum is designed to enhance the skills of teachers. The program focuses on three essential components – curriculum, instruction, and assessment. The Core courses are delivered online, with electives available during summer sessions at the Penn State Wilkes-Barre Northern Tier Center in Towanda.
If you are interested in this program and would like more information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 570-268-7778.
- Graduate Courses in Education
- One-to-One Computer Training
- Introduction to Psychology Certificate
- Rehabilitation & Human Services Certificate
- Financial Accounting Certificate
- Licensed Social Worker Programs
- Workforce Development Programs
- Industry Training
- Public Speaking
- Excellence in Customer Service
- Fundamentals of Project Management
- Fall Protection Competent Person
- Confined Space Entry
- Chainsaw Safety & Maintenance
- Electrical Safety for Electrical Maintenance Personnel
- Hazwoper Refresher 8-Hour
- Fall Film & Discussion Series
- Real Estate Prep Courses
- Civil Engineering Professional Engineer Exam Review
- SAT Preparation Courses
- Ethical Issues in Mental Health
Request CE Information
- Continuing Education
- Programs for Adults