SAT Preparation Course
Prepare Now for the SAT!
Learn the best strategies the test makers don’t want you to know. It’s time to focus on your future and on preparing for college success. We can help you do your best on the SAT exam. In the spring of 2016, the SAT exam is changing. Enroll in Penn State’s SAT prep course now so that you get the score you need for college admittance and scholarships!
Penn State Wilkes-Barre offers high-school students an opportunity to raise their scores on the SAT. The course provides information on the SAT and instructs students in proven test-taking strategies to help them realize their full potential on the test. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Familiarity with the SAT Reasoning Test, test mechanics, concepts, and strategies.
- Critical reading – improve reading comprehension, understanding of single and double passages, and strategies for sentence completion.
- Writing – grammar and mechanics review, as well as effective essay writing.
- Math skills – familiarity with math grid and when to use a calculator; math shortcuts.
- Advantages and disadvantages of guessing.
- Ways to reduce the time needed to answer questions.
- Scoring of the SAT and how to compute a score on sample tests.
Our Instructors have over 20 years of test-preparation experience and undergo a rigorous approval and evaluation process to ensure the highest quality instruction is available to our students. SAT Preparation instructors are fully qualified to assist students in improving their math and critical reading/writing skills as well as in providing guidance for test-taking strategies.
- Take an official off-the-record SAT test
- Review core skills and learn strategies at the same time
- Instructors target specific areas of need
- Conveniently located in the Athletic and Recreation Building on the Penn State Wilkes-Barre campus
Registration & Refund Policy
Advance payment and registration is required no later than two (2) weeks prior to the first class. Due to demand, space cannot be held without payment. Cancellations must be received at least seven (7) business days prior to the first class or the student will be responsible for the fee. The University reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course due to insufficient enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances, upon which registrants will be notified and a refund issued.
To cancel a registration for the Online/Self-Directed session, fax your cancellation notice to 570-675-8308 or email it to email@example.com. Cancellations must be received within 48 hours of registering.For program-related questions call 570-675-9253 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check back soon for our next SAT sessions dates to be announced.
- Continuing Education
- Programs for Adults