SAT Preparation Course
Prepare Now for the SAT!
Learn the best strategies the test makers don’t want you to know. It’s time to focus on your future and on preparing for college success. We can help you do your best on the SAT exam. In the spring of 2016, the SAT exam is changing. Enroll in Penn State’s SAT prep course now so that you get the score you need for college admittance and scholarships!
Penn State Wilkes-Barre offers high school students an opportunity to raise their scores on the SAT. The course provides information on the SAT and instructs students in proven test-taking strategies to help them realize their full potential on the test. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.SENIORS…Your Last Chance to take the Current SAT® Administration and get the score you need for college admittance and scholarships! Enroll in our August 2015 or October 2015 SAT Prep Courses.
JUNIORS…Prepare for the Redesigned SAT®. In the spring of 2016, the SAT exam is changing. Juniors preparing to take the new SAT Test should enroll in our January 2016 or March 2016 SAT Prep Courses.
Emphasis:New redesigned SAT begins March 2016. With the new redesigned SAT®, students will be tested on reading, writing, and math skills. The specific areas tested, according to the College Board, will be: Math -- the Heart of Algebra, Problem Solving and Data, Passport to Advance Math. Reading/Writing -- Command of Evidence, Relevant Words in Context, Expression of Ideas, Standard English Conventions. If you are looking at these skills and wondering what they mean, you need to attend our course. We will demystify the test and provide you with problems that will help you prepare for the new administration.
Our Instructors have over 20 years of test-preparation experience and undergo a rigorous approval and evaluation process to ensure the highest quality instruction is available to our students. SAT Preparation instructors are fully qualified to assist students in improving their math and critical reading/writing skills as well as in providing guidance for test-taking strategies.
- Take an official off-the-record SAT test
- Review core skills and learn strategies at the same time
- Instructors target specific areas of need
- Conveniently located in the Athletic and Recreation Building on the Penn State Wilkes-Barre campus
Registration & Refund Policy
Advance payment and registration is required no later than two (2) weeks prior to the first class. Due to demand, space cannot be held without payment. Cancellations must be received at least seven (7) business days prior to the first class or the student will be responsible for the fee. The University reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course due to insufficient enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances, upon which registrants will be notified and a refund issued.
To cancel a registration for the Online/Self-Directed session, fax your cancellation notice to 570-675-8308 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations must be received within 48 hours of registering.
How to Register
- Register Online: Register online by clicking "Register Now" in the session you would like to attend. Important! If you are registering someone other than yourself (e.g., a parent registering a child), you will be acting as that person during the registration process; enter their information, not your own. If you have any questions about this process, please contact the Outreach No-Credit Registration office at the number below.
- By fax: Complete the registration form on the printable brochure, which can be obtained by calling our office at 570-675-9253 or emailing email@example.com. Fax the registration form along with the required medical consent form to 814-863-2765. Credit card information must be included on the registration form.
- By mail: Complete the registration (see above instructions to obtain a form) and the medical consent form, mail along with payment to:
Penn State Wilkes-Barre Continuing Education
P.O. Box 410
State College, PA 16804-0410
For program-related questions call 570-675-9253 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAT Review Course 2015-2016 Dates
Session 2: Saturdays 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
10/10, 10/17, 10/24, 10/31, 11/7, 11/14, 11/21
Snow Makeup: Tuesday 11/24 from 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
[Preparation for the December 5, 2015 SAT Test]
Session 3:Saturdays 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
1/9, 1/16, 1/23, 1/30, 2/6, 2/13, 2/20
Snow Makeup: Saturday 2/27 from 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
[Preparation for the March 5, 2016, 2015 SAT Test]
Session 4:Tuesdays 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
3/15, 3/22, 3/29, 4/5, 4/12, 4/19, 4/26
Snow Makeup: Tuesday 5/3 from 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
[Preparation for the May 7, 2016 & June 4, 2015 SAT Tests]
Session 5: Online/Self-Directed SAT Preparation
Once you register, you can prepare for any SAT Test that is offered within the next five months. Your tuition includes exclusive Web-based materials to help you master test content. From interactive lessons, comprehensive lesson content, knowledge measuring quizzes, and timed tests, you can prepare for the test anytime/anywhere at your own convenience.
REGISTER NOW for the August-November, 2015 online course
REGISTER NOW for the January-April, 2016 online course
Take practice tests, register to take the SAT test, and see & send your scores at the College Board website.
- Continuing Education
- Programs for Adults