Programs for Adults
At Penn State Wilkes-Barre's Continuing Education department we care about your future! We offer relevant programming to enrich your professional and personal development. We can help you prepare for a career change, obtain credentials needed for a promotion, or further your knowledge to stay at the top of your industry.
As an adult learner, you have a wide range of professional development opportunities available to you. Choose from non-credit courses, programs to prepare for professional certification, programs awarding Penn State credit and non-credit certificates, and graduate-level courses. Most of our programs can be completed during the evening or through a combination of traditional and online learning.
Through Continuing Education, you also have the opportunity to “Step Up” to a degree program through several of our credit certificate programs for many disciplines, including business, education, information technology, and administration of justice.
In addition, we offer a variety of programming options designed for professionals in need of Continuing Professional Education courses (CPE's) to retain their licensure. We offer approved courses for educators (Act 48), professional engineers (Act 25), school nurses, and realtors. As the need arises within the community for additional certifications and licensure requirements, we will continue to update our portfolio of offerings.
We occasionally sponsor community events, offer personal enrichment courses, and each summer, offer a summer youth camp, which provides local children with the opportunity to stay engaged in learning while having fun in the process!
Penn State on Your Résumé — It Shows
- Graduate Courses in Education
- One-to-One Computer Training
- Introduction to Psychology Certificate
- Rehabilitation & Human Services Certificate
- Supervision Essentials
- APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP)
- Film & Discussion Series: Dietrich Theater
- Natural Gas Industry Training
- Stormwater Management
- Summer Youth Camps
- Women in the Sciences & Engineering (WISE)
- Ladies’ Golf Clinic for Beginners
- OSHA 10 Hour for the Construction Industry
- Ethical Issues in Mental Health
- It’s All In The Details: Tips For Grant-Seeking Success
- Real Estate Prep Courses
- Continuing Education
- Programs for Adults