Real Estate Courses
The Penn State Wilkes-Barre Northern Tier Center regularly offers the 60 hours of pre-licensing coursework required by the Pennsylvania Real Estate Commission for persons desiring Real Estate Salesperson licensure in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.* This educational requirement can be met through satisfactory completion of the following two Penn State courses:
R EST – 5016A Real Estate Fundamentals (30 hours)
This course provides the student with a basic foundation for additional study and to support the practice of Real Estate in Pennsylvania. The course is designed to introduce the student with the language, principles, legal concepts, and laws that govern the business of real estate. Emphasis is on the underlying concepts of land, property, rights in the realty and the means, methods, and laws that cover the conveyance of these rights. Mondays, September 14- November 16, 2015, 6:00 - 9:00 pm.
R EST 5017A – Real Estate Practice (30 Hours)
This course provides the student with an introduction to all facets of the real estate business including a survey of fields of specialization. Emphasis is on the role of the real estate agent in the field of residential brokerage. This course is designed to acquaint the student with the basic techniques, procedures, regulations and ethics involved in a real estate transaction along with a working knowledge of the forms and documents used including the related mathematics. Wednesdays, September 16- November 18, 2015, 6:00 - 9:00 pm.
* New York State licensed Real Estate Sales Agents desiring Pennsylvania licensure need only take
R EST 5016A – Real Estate Fundamentals.
Cost: $189 per course. The same textbook is used for both courses and is the responsibility of the participant.
Location: For your convenience, we are now offering our Real Estate courses in two locations:
- Northern Tier Center in Towanda
- Wilkes-Barre campus in Lehman
Information: Call the Northern Tier Continuing Education office at 570-268-7778 or email email@example.com for more information or to register for these courses.
Penn State on Your Résumé — It Shows.
- Graduate Courses in Education
- One-to-One Computer Training
- Introduction to Psychology Certificate
- Rehabilitation & Human Services Certificate
- Financial Accounting Certificate
- Film & Discussion Series: Dietrich Theater
- Natural Gas Industry Training
- Stormwater Management
- Summer Youth Camps
- Women in the Sciences & Engineering (WISE)
- Ethical Issues in Mental Health
- It’s All In The Details: Tips For Grant-Seeking Success
- Real Estate Prep Courses
- Civil Engineering Professional Engineer Exam Review
- SAT Preparation Courses
- Continuing Education
- Programs for Adults