Penn State Wilkes-Barre Athletics Calls For 2013 Wall of Fame Nominees
Penn State Wilkes-Barre’s Athletic Department has set a March 1st, 2013 deadline for nominations to the Athletics Wall of Fame. Supported by the Penn State Wilkes-Barre Alumni Constituent Society, the Penn State Wilkes-Barre Wall of Fame was established to recognize outstanding athletic and academic achievements of its student athletes, as well as achievements of its coaches, administration, and teams.
Any person can nominate an individual for consideration along with supporting information. Nominees from previous inductions are automatically considered each year for a maximum of ten years.
Eligibility requirements include:
• Former student-athletes are made eligible for induction five years after completing their athletic eligibility.
• Coaches, administrators and other Penn State Wilkes-Barre employees who served the school for at least ten years and/or made significant contributions to the program. These persons will be eligible five years after leaving the school for any reason.
• Others who made truly significant contributions to the athletic program over a prolonged period of time (more than fifteen years).
• Teams, student-athletes and coaches that have won a national championship are eligible immediately the following year after the championship.
• Any coach or administrator who served the school for twenty-five years or more becomes eligible immediately upon retirement.
• Former student-athletes who participated in at least one full athletic season and graduated with an associate’s degree from Penn State Wilkes-Barre.
• Former student-athletes who participated in two full athletic seasons and also graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree from Penn State University.
• Former student-athletes who participated in two full athletic seasons and then went on to receive their Bachelor’s Degree from another institution.
The final selection is done after March 1st by the Wall of Fame selection committee. The athletic office will notify the person(s) selected no later than two weeks after the vote by the selection committee. Additional information can be acquired through the Athletic Department and Brian Stanchak, Director of Athletics at firstname.lastname@example.org.