FAQs for Alumni
Q. Am I able to attend the morning conference and networking lunch?
A. No. The lunch is in conjunction with the conference. The conference is being held for currently registered PSU students.
Q. Do I need to register for the Career Exploration Expo?
A. No. There is no prior registration for attending the Career Exploration Expo. However, it would be great to know if you are coming. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know if you are interested in attending. Please bring a photo ID.
Q.Do I need a parking pass?
A. No, you will not need a parking pass for the events occurring on October 8th only.
Q. Are employers hiring?
A. Some of the employers are hiring. Please visit our webpage after October 1st to find out more about the employers who will be attending and recruiting.
Q. How do I make the most of the Career Exploration Expo?
A. We recommend that you:
- Review the list of employers attending. If you are seeking employment, be sure to do research on the employing organization's Web site.
- Write down some questions you intend to ask based on the research you have done.
- Have your 30 second intro prepared (pick up a Career Guide from Career Services for information on how to do this).
- Create your résumé and have it reviewed prior to attending.
- Plan ahead. Have your professional attire pressed and ready to go.
- Attend a career fair preparation workshop at your campus.
- Talk with a career advisor about tips for succeeding, or stop by Career Services for a Career Guide that provides detailed information on succeeding at a career fair.