There are three video conference rooms at Penn State Wilkes-Barre and one in the Continuing Education Northern Tier Center:
- Academic Commons 208 is a small conference room in the Nesbitt Library. It seats about 10. Contact Gail Wyberski in the library at 570-675-9214 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule. (Since this video conference unit is not under warranty it should only be used for meetings, not for classes.)
- Academic Commons 109 is a standard-definition video classroom. It seats 50. Contact Stephanie Andaloro in the Registrar’s office at 675-9233 or email@example.com to schedule.
- Science Building 2 is a high-definition video classroom. It seats 24. Contact Stephanie Andaloro in the Registrar’s office at 675-9233 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.
- Classroom/Office Unit B is a high-definition video classroom in the Continuing Education Northern Tier Center. Contact Carol Rogan at 570-268-7778 or email@example.com to schedule.
There are three types of video conference connections:
- Initiated by University Park or another campus
The other location has set everything up. All we have to do is notify the other location what room we are using and make the call.
- Wilkes-Barre Campus initiated
If more than 2 campuses are involved, the video bridge at University Park must be reserved. You need to find out what rooms are being used at all the other campuses and add them to the reservation. A list of all Penn State video conference classrooms can be found at: http://www.tns.its.psu.edu/ServiceCatalog/Video/Interactive/videoConfRoomsContactList.asp.
- Direct Connection
This means that you will be connecting one-on-one with another location. You can make the connection by using the IP address or by using the directory on the video conference unit.
Video Conference Procedure
If you are initiating the video conference with multiple campuses:
To schedule a video bridge, call 814-863-8906 or fill out a “Penn State Video Bridge Reservation” form at https://www4.tns.its.psu.edu/Videosys/videoBridgeReserveForm.cfm .
If you are initiating a direct one-on-one video conference:
Contact and make arrangements with the other location for the video conference. This way all parties involved know how the video conference meeting will proceed.
- If you have been invited to a video conference and it has been set up by another group or location, you should receive a confirmation email that will indicate the date, time, and room, and location of the video conference.
- Whether you have initiated the video conference or been invited, you should reserve the room you will use for the video conference at http://www2.wb.psu.edu/uwt/eventinstructions.html. Usually, if you have been invited to attend a video conference, room availability has already been checked, but you should still confirm this.
- If you want assistance for your video conference, you should contact the IT Helpdesk, in advance of your date, at http://inventory.wb.psu.edu/portal and request that IT staff meet you at the scheduled video conference room.
- Information Technology Services
- Essential Services
- Computer Labs & Classrooms